About the Role:
Business Furniture’s Business Development Representatives are always on the go, working directly with potential business clients at all levels of organizations. Clients are typically acquired by uncovering the right person to engage at a business, from facilities to C-Suite, and utilizing relationships at architecture/design and real estate firms. You continually network to build your client base and make visits to customer sites.
You should see your role as a true business owner. Your time will not be micromanaged. It is your responsibility to eventually understand and run your business and account for your activities. Self-motivated and results-driven individuals will succeed in this role.
This position pays a base salary with unlimited commission potential that can be lucrative compared to sales positions in other industries.
This is an individual sales role that must work well in a team environment. It takes multiple teammates to ensure a project is well executed and delivers an exceptional experience for our clients.
We provide our Business Development Representatives a full complement of benefits, continuous training and unlimited earning potential. Resources are invested in you and we work together to create a great place for you to do great work.
If you are the type of person that enjoys a fast-paced environment, has a go-getter sales attitude and an ability to learn to utilize design tools, we would like to hear from you!
You are a sales person with 3+ years contract furniture experience and a proven track record of success. What does “success” mean? It means you know how to quickly network to build meaningful and lasting relationships with clients, potential clients, industry influencers and your co-workers. You rise to the challenge of your goals seeking ways to exceed them, excited about the earning possibilities. You are dedicated to fully understanding our processes, products and services we provide.
You possess great communication skills. As an experienced sales person, you understand that communication requires exceptional listening skills, so exhibiting this characteristic is a high priority. You are entrepreneurial minded and enjoy working on your own. Your inquisitive nature means you love engaging with new people on a daily basis, using these interactions to uncover new leads and build your pipeline.
You understand that every space and each client’s needs are different, and you leverage our Design Department and your own problem solving skills to sell creative and effective solutions.
Making your clients happy gives you a deep sense of satisfaction. You love your customers and provide them with unmatched service. You uncover and satisfy the needs of several constituents in your engagements. 11/26/2018
You listen to understand what solutions are the best fit for each customer. You use your exceptional ability to gather important information from clients through effective listening and questioning skills.
This is a challenging yet extremely rewarding position. If you are 1) looking for a fun and lucrative career, 2) want a team that supports you and 3) want to be the best, apply now!
- • Identify target clients, develop and execute sales strategies
- • Network to engage buyers and decision makers
- • Lead customer interactions leveraging industry research and insights. Add value to prospective clients by regularly updating them on knowledge, product, and service offerings.
- • Increase job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; general sales meetings; reading professional publications; building personal networks; activity involved in professional organizations.
- • Develop and implement strategies in conjunction with Design and Choreo for providing innovative solutions for potential clients.
- • Build and leverage relationships with Steelcase and other preferred partners, in order to leverage their resources and solutions and provide for an optimal customer experience.
- • Understand and promote Business Furniture processes from customer quotation, through order fulfillment to successful receipt of customer invoice payment for products and services delivered. Utilize and partner with Business Furniture Design Team appropriately.
- • Practice good organizational skills. This includes updating Sales Force records and staying on top of leads and proposals. Responsible for producing and editing monthly sales forecast.
Qualifications / Skills & Abilities:
- • 3+ years sales experience in commercial furniture sales • High level of business acumen • Proven sales and negotiation skills • Strong interpersonal skills; rapport and relationship building in commercial sales environment • Confidence in interacting with customers at all levels • Self-driven, results-oriented and tenacious nature • Well-presented and businesslike appearance • Effective problem solver – able to provide innovative and effective client solutions • Strong interpersonal and communication skills • Ability to work autonomously • Problem solving, organizational and planning skills